Technology has never been more vital to supporting aging parents at home. The number of Americans aged 65 and older will grow from 48 million to 88 million by 2050 and almost 70% of that population will need care at home. Most older adults want to age at home and with a growing shortage in home care workers and the cost of care increasing, technology will bring about new solutions to the long-term care crisis in the United States.

Read More

What Are the Early Signs of Alzheimer’s and What to Do? Alzheimer’s disease has a way of making itself known in very subtle ways.  Family members are often the first to notice when something seems off.  Whether it’s the person’s short-term memory loss or mood changes, there are many ways that the signs of Alzheimer’s…

Read More

Home Care, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY: I often tell new clients and families when we start our home care services that this is a service that is always needed but never wanted.  The majority of our clients that start with our services have not utilized a home care service before and are often times…

Read More
Elderly-Care-in-Garden-City-NY

  Driving and Alzheimer’s Disease: A guide for families and patients. For most people, driving represents freedom, control, and independence. Driving enables most people to get to the places they want to go, and to see the people they want to see when they want to see them. But driving is a complex skill. Our…

Read More

Home Care in Bay Shore: Does your loved one need help at home but refuses to accept it?  Are you providing the care yourself and managing a job, your own family, and other obligations?  It may be time for an intervention. Many older adults come from a generation that took care of themselves and their…

Read More
Home Health Care in Smithtown NY: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Home Health Care in Smithtown NY: Carbon monoxide is an odorless and tasteless gas that is put out by combustible machinery and appliances. If there is a leak from one of the sources, the gas can accumulate in the home and cause carbon monoxide poisoning in the residents.

Read More